Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Lisbeth wrote:It is not compulsory to participate in all of them ^0^

True, but the numbers seem to decline :-(

Re: What's that bird?

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Toko wrote:Perhaps we should go back to two-weekly quizzing --00--

.... and the quizzies are too difficult for beginners :o0ps: --00-- --00--

I think we must put some ideas together - -O- -O-
maybe bi-weekly senior quiz and the other week- just a lekker quiz for the juniors. 0: 0:

with a junior birder choosing the pics for the junior thread =O: =O: =O:

Yet, I think there must be a way to draw in more people,
if they look at the quiz, and they can identify 3 birds off-hand,
I am sure they will start searching for the other two.
Think that's how we learnt to do 'spot the difference' as young kids.
We might even draw the Teens attention with easier ones -O-

these are only thoughts ;-) and would like to work with all for a good outcome. \O

Re: What's that bird? - Discussions how to

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:35 pm

I like your idea with the senior and junior bird quiz, Amoli.
Just not sure if we get enough participants for both -O-

But your reasoning for going easier has some very valid points, I think,
and if we manage only one quiz then I'm in favour of an easier one
for allowing more participation. \O

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:03 pm

On the SPF they have two. The "Bird ID Challenge" and the "Birding School for Ducklings" that I got started years ago. As we are so few it is a bit more difficult, but nobody prohibits you to do both, but then we must change the posting system. We will have to divide the postings of the challenges among us. Those who do not have enough pics can "borough" them from the Internet. There are loads that you can use as long as it is not for commercial purposes.

We can make a list of those who are willing to post for the "Chicks" and of those for the more advanced ones. Or something similar ;-)

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Maybe we should start thinking about who would participate in a senior quiz
first before we start doing it and a junior version and decide if it's worth the
effort for everyone, if only - let's assume a realistic number - 4 or 5 members
join the senior quiz. -O-

The junior quiz would have the potential to attract new quizzers, as Amoli said. \O

But I'll sit on my Hands and wait for other opinions now. -O

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:41 pm

If we manage to put up a nice "Junior" challenge, I might be able to attract somebody O**

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:57 pm

:-? "senior"... "junior"...
for me only one, "junior" will be enough =O:

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Toko - any ideas on these suggestions ? I will put down some thoughts, yet we would like your and Flutts' thoughts. ;-)

I like the ideas coming up here...

A senior quiz thread - which will not prevent a junior to participate should they want to ^Q^

A junior quiz thread - which will not prevent a senior to participate in - only ..... they can't win.. --00--

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:39 pm

-O- -O- -O-

Let's first find out who wants to have a junior quiz instead of doing the senior one, names please ;-)

And if there are more than 5 participants for a junior one, we can see how to and please tell us also if you have enough time to do it every week or rather bi-weekly -O

At first thought I think we should not have another quiz or more quizzes, but we could change the existing one: one week easy next week difficult (so two bi-weekly quizzes maybe) -O- -O- -O-

Have no strong feelings either way, just won't do each and every quiz if it's weekly, two fridays per month looking for bird IDs is enough for me =O: but that's only my point of view here (being a mod with some mod work to do here and also busy to get some info and input on the serious AW stuff)