Re: 36 Dutch Tourists Robbed in Johannesburg

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:03 pm

what a stupid action :-(

36 persons... better to stay at home when we are alone O-/ :evil:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Richprins wrote:Anything is possible here, Mel! One can "buy" police equipment easily, it seems... O**

Maybe tourists will come back..Lis had it MUCH worse, and seems to be coming back? -O-
Right now I am wondering why O-/ but I am not leaving the airport. My experience with the police shows that they could not care less. In these cases it is obvious that the crooks get information from someone 0= 36 make more noise than only one :evil:

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:44 pm

From " Die Burger " newspaper , Saturday 30th September 2017 .

Cartoon .jpg

Translation : " Yes , in South Africa we saw four of the Big Five : Hi-jacking , Assault , Theft , and Armed Robbery .
Number Five , Murder , continued to evade us " O-/ .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:22 pm

OK! But it is not really funny when you have tried it 0=

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:25 am

Exactly \O In fact it specifically highlights crime problem in this country :-(

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:57 am

0*\

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 am

Black humour!

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:25 am

Hmmmm. yeaahh !! But whatever it is , it needs to be addressed @#$
Just look at what happened here in the Crime Capital this weekend :

Police called in reinforcements after 10 people were shot dead in the Philippi settlement. By Peter Luhanga for GROUNDUP.

Residents of Marikana informal settlement in Philippi, Cape Town, have lost faith in the police, community leaders told senior police officers after the shooting of 10 people, allegedly by gang members, on Friday night

Did you know that there are more than ( known ) 1200 gangs in Cape Town @#$ with memberships from 50 to 500 in gangs -- and each gang member also having his own family , some of which may even be " honest " people , but nevertheless having connections with gangster activities such as drug trafficking , robberies and theft , rape , and murder 0*\

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am

It is a bad situation in the whole country. I was very surprised when I read about the gang problem in Cape Town 0*\

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Liz -- yes , it is a " secret " that is not talked about very much . Prior to 1983 , I worked very much in those Cape Town Suburbs . Even in those days , many of those people lived in fear . Many areas became total " no-go " from Friday evening onwards for the whole weekend . At one time , one of my workers and his wife came to live in my garage because he was afraid to remain in the township , and even so , a few months after he went back , his house was torched on night and both he and his wife were burnt to death :-(
Now , greater Cape Town has about 3,5 million - 4 million people ( maybe more ) , and it is estimated that at least one third of the population has some connections with gangsterism 0*\

Click on this link from a news report a few years ago : https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article ... dI51sIUkdU