Video - Elephant chases tourists' open safari vehicle for miles

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:02 pm

phpBB [video]

http://lowvelder.co.za/375825/video-elephant-chases-tourists-open-safari-vehicle-miles/

Video: Elephant Chases Tourists’ Open Safari Vehicle for Miles
Being charged by a large elephant in musth in the Kruger national park, the ranger allowed elephant to gain ground on vehicle several times in order to tire it out so it would not endanger less experienced driver behind or travelling towards us. Video courtesy of Kruger National Park’s YouTube channel

“Our group, Tracy Mansfield and two daughters Abbie and Katie Mansfield along with their boyfriends Ben Wild and Ian Pots and myself – driven by Sefapane game ranger Elias Shai ( who also freelances for Kruger Park in the winter).

We had spent the whole day travelling through the park particularly looking for lions which was challenging due to the recent rain and long grass. We where all nodding off as we had been on the road since 5am and this happened at about 4.30pm.

This encounter sure did wake us up and made for an incredible experience. This happened while driving south about 25 minute drive from Phalaborwa gate.”- Video Taker

Re: video elephant chases tourists open safari vehicle miles

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Error message for me at this point. I should try again later, it says -O-

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:12 pm

RogerFraser wrote:[

............, the ranger allowed elephant to gain ground on vehicle several times in order to tire it out................

Elephants do not get tired that easily :X:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 pm

I was just about to complain why okie can see the video and I don't... But the video now works for mee too lol

Hmz... not sure what to think about this though :-? ... other than the scenery looks nice with the fluffy clouds in the blue sky and the green trees and grass next to the dark grey road with the elephant walking along. :-0

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:12 am

0' 0' 0' 0'

i believe that the only reason the driver allowed the elephant to catch up to the vehicle was

to create some excitement among the guests

and for them to think that they were close to danger at some point....

some might add that this was "teasing" the elephant

causing him to continue with the pursuit .........

Re: Video - Elephant chases tourists' open safari vehicle for miles

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:04 am

Looks like this ellie has some quite nice tusks.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:49 pm

The video seems to have been removed now?

This is definitely a BS statement:

the ranger allowed elephant to gain ground on vehicle several times in order to tire it out so it would not endanger less experienced driver behind or travelling towards us

0-

Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:22 pm

I agree it being a BS story \O
In fact , it seems to me that ranger was actually deliberately causing the ellie to run at them , in other words he was harassing the elephant , and that may be the real reason why the video was removed :X: