Demand for Donkey Skin in China Leads to Barbaric Killings in SA - Warning: Graphic Pictures

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:58 pm

Mia Lindeque | 24/01/2017

JOHANNESBURG - The National Council of Societies for the Prevention of Cruelty against Animals (NSPCA) says there’s a massive increase in donkey poaching, with the animals being slaughtered in a barbaric way.

Donkey skin is in demand in China as it’s used to produce medicine which is believed to delay menopause.

More than 100 donkeys were illegally slaughtered in the Northern Cape and North West in the last three months.

Meanwhile, 5,000 donkey hides were discovered in a shack in Benoni.

The NSPCA’s Mpho Mokoena says, “People are using a hammer to hit them. When they fall down, they don’t even wait to see if the donkey is dead and just start skinning it.”

Re: Demand for Donkey Skin in China Leads to Barbaric Killings in SA

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:59 pm

So sick of this!! :evil: Is there nothing they don't want to destroy??? O/ O/ @#$ @#$

Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:57 pm

There has been a shortage of donkeys in China for a few years now, with live animals being stripped from China's colonies in the third world.

The Chinese don't kill the donkeys themselves, obviously, but rather supply a market for our locals with the local delightful attitude toward animal suffering and cruelty.
Export is a breeze with porous borders and official collusion.

To be honest, probably a merciful release from the animals' daily mistreatment that often happens here, and a sad indictment on so many levels. :evil:

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Flutterby wrote:So sick of this!! :evil: Is there nothing they don't want to destroy??? O/ O/ @#$ @#$

Exactly what I thought right away 0=

And honestly... delaying menopause??? Why??? O/

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:39 pm

O/ O/ :evil:

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Posted by Allison Thomson on OSCAP's FB page today:

I am almost too scared to post the pics as they are so distressing. Happening in Sani Pass area as we speak. 204 donkeys being skinned. Public outrage is needed urgently to stop this type of massacre happening daily in South Africa. Time for some action people.
They have skinned 17 donkeys and were in the process of skinning 204 other donkeys at Twin Springs (Ekzn property) 2 have been arrested.

16195679_10154788651526011_7450554464750683796_n.jpg

16265953_10154788651896011_4642181638593261088_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Update from Allison:

**UPDATE**
They are scrambling brain with a screwdriver. 2 arrested are Chinese. They are building roads in Lesotho and come across the border,skin them and then take them across to Lesotho and export. The rest of the donkeys have all been dispersed since the arrest made.

Re: Demand for Donkey Skin in China Leads to Barbaric Killings in SA - Warning: Graphic Pictures

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Disturbing and upsetting as may be one can only
go about trying to understand why!! I am no boffin
yet, somehow get the impression that there is a hype
and a total abuse of mans shortcomings, so to speak.
It would seem there be a force, in between user and
abuser!!

Situations have never being this hectic!! The total
onslaught leaves one perplexed and somewhat surprised.

Somehow I seem to believe there is more to what we seem
to believe.

Please bear with me but this brings to mind, "Ouma se Rate"!
Ja well but no fine, ouma a great lady and so forth, guess we
have ouma's all over the world. Somehow, somewhere some
oumas will always be the wiser!! No, I'm afraid there is more
too it than only the wisdom of a chinese ouma!!

Some idiot somewhere is very busily manipulating and abusing the
shortfalls in life that communities the world over are experiencing!!

These bastards need to be taken to task,......

The big killers of hope!!!!!

Re: Demand for Donkey Skin in China Leads to Barbaric Killings in SA - Warning: Graphic Pictures

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Thanks for the pics, Flutts!

Ja, Lesotho is even more under Chinese management...

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:37 pm

What a brilliant summation, H.Erectus! :yes: