Major Accident in Kruger

Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:21 pm

High speed accident on the Skukuza / Satara road this morning. Vehicle was hit so hard from behind that it left the road and overturned a few times. One female was stabilized by myself and the Skukuza doctor before transported by ER24 to Nelspruit. Driver of other vehicle was arrested after it came to light that other motorists laid complaints about said vehicle that were driving at excessive speed. The sad part was to see his 7 year old son being loaded with him in the back of the police van. Posted by George van deventer

Accident 2.jpg

Accident 3.jpg

Accident 6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Major Accident in Kruger

Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:30 pm

:shock: :shock: that looks like a really bad smash . :-(

Hope the injuries are not too server and that all recover ,not nice for those on holiday trying to relax to have to deal with such trauma . :-(

Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:50 pm

some Fangio in an animal's park 0-

really hope nothing too bad for people involved O-/

Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:10 pm

Terrible!! :evil:

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:36 am

a Relative of the couple that were hit is in one of the facebook groups that I am a part of. From what she told us they are quite worried about them. They are an elderly couple and are still in hospital. The wife has some cracked ribs and the gentleman is still having scans done. This was the first day of their annual knp trip as well, they have timeshare at the protea hotel. O/

Some reports claiming guy was going at 140 km/h when this happened...

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:44 am

poor, poor couple :-(

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:28 am

‎George van Deventer‎ to My Kruger...Our Kruger
49 mins ·
Kruger accident update. The lady from the accident is currently in ICU. She has some severe internal injuries and 6 broken ribs. We will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers. Will drop in for a quick visit at the hospital little later.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Feel for them. Not nice to have a Kruger trip ruined like this.
Wish them a speedy recovery.

Having just come back from Kruger, can say that speeding is very much a problem.
It's been debated to death, but sadly, it may just lead to that one day :evil:

Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Hope the couple will recover fully and quickly 0:

I don't even wanna try to imagine having been in that car... Frightening!

Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:29 pm

What is sad is that the guy responsible for this, bar his speed,
is a learned person and he had a 7 year old child with him 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ 0*\