AW 2014 Project- Award for Best Camp in Southern Africa

Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:46 pm

We believe there is a wealth of ecotourism experience amongst our members, and why not let our opinion be heard?

Countries include SA, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe and Mozambique!

Criteria that may be considered when nominating your choice could be things like general game viewing, standard or variety of accommodation, scenic beauty, bird sightings, etc. Perhaps accessibility and affordability should not be major criteria, as that is not the "fault" of the camp?

The procedure is simple: Each member nominates a camp, even if nominated by another member, with or without a little writeup as to why it is nominated? Mods can add links to the relevant camp threads, so pictures etc. are not necessary. If there is no thread, start one! \O

After 18 September, (Forum Birthday Party) nominations close, and the first round of polling begins. End September, the top 3-5 camps go through to the final round of polling, until end October, and we have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! No. 1 receives an Award, while 2 and 3 receive framed certificates from AW!

No debate should take place under this thread, but points can be raised under the Rhino Midden thread here: viewtopic.php?f=170&t=4331
Last edited by Richprins on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Re: AW 2014 Project- Award/s for Best Camp in Southern Afric

Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Example:

I nominate Punda Maria camp in Kruger Park:

It has a good variety of accommodation and is historically famous for its birdlife and solitude...important for me! Staff have always been friendly and helpful, in my experience, and scenic views are amazing!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Ok, it seems we have things sorted, and circular will go out!

Here's my nomination: LOWER SABIE RESTCAMP - Kruger

The camp has multiple accommodation options and a wide variety of game drive areas in all directions, giving great sightings opportunities!

Link

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Punda Maria

Link

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Grootkolk for me too nan :-)

Link

Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:33 pm

right \O will choose :

the End of the End... Grootkolk
very special camp, exceptional sightings, so intimate athmosphere O/\

Link

Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Mpila Imfolozi for me ..0..

Link

Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:29 pm

I choose Satara Camp,

for their well planned camping space, and their helpful staff. Sightings in many directions and birdlife in camp also. There ablutions are clean and there has always been hot water - the communial kitchen is kept neat and maintained well.

Link

Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Vhembe Wilderness camp in Mapungubwe for the absoulte solitude feeling with a view O:V

There are 4 A-frame cabins and a large kitchen with lapa set high above, no other guests, you book the entire camp, no camp attendant and elephants come to visit.

Link

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Letaba \O \O

Link