Re: Plant Identification

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:10 pm

arks wrote:Here are some more Cape plants that I need ID help with.

These next two were taken along Ou Kaapse Weg, near the entrance to the Silvermine area of TMNP (before Silvermine reopened) in late November 2015.

4. I think that this is a powederpuff, Psuedoselago serrata?

:yes: :yes: ^Q^ ^Q^

Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:06 pm

These next two were taken along Ou Kaapse Weg, near the entrance to the Silvermine area of TMNP (before Silvermine reopened) in late November 2015.

3. Possibly a stinkweed? Perhaps Oncosiphon suffruticosum?

Senecio rigidus, I'd say, arks -O- or a similar one O-/

Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Toko wrote:

The first two were seen along the Kommetjie boardwalk (which is part of TMNP) in late November 2015.

Tetragonia decumbens or another Tetragonia

O/\

Thanks Toko O0 I think that Tetragonia decumbens is spot on X#X

Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Toko wrote:

3. Possibly a stinkweed? Perhaps Oncosiphon suffruticosum?

Senecio rigidus, I'd say, arks -O- or a similar one O-/

Eish, so many of those "daisies" look alike 0*\ but I think you're right as usual :ty:

Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Toko wrote:

4. I think that this is a powederpuff, Psuedoselago serrata?

:yes: :yes: ^Q^ ^Q^

Thanks for confirming, glad I got one out of the four O\/ Your expert guidance is always appreciated! :ty: X#X

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:21 am

I don't know a thing about plants, arks, but I do know some of them are quite lovely. ^Q^ Sounds like plants are as hard, or harder to ID as insects. 0' O/ Thanks for sharing all these beauties. :ty:

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:22 am

arks wrote:At the end of the day, "whiteish vygie" will do, I end up being totally confused by all those similar pix in my fynbos book O/ =O: :-? 0- 0:

Not surprisingly arks , because the succulent biome is really very very big :O^
Those pics are very good , so keep on posting ^Q^ ^Q^

Oh , and next time , visit the Karoo in September/October , for best time in which to view them X#X

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Many thanks for the compliments, okie and ExFmem. :o0ps:

I really enjoy all the amazing fynbos plants even when I don't know quite what they are, but since I have a fynbos book, I do try to work out some IDs, frustrating tho that can be. And I do know that August/September/October is the best time for flowers, we even have our own excellent wildflower reserve on the farm where I stay in Darling, Waylands Wildflower Reserve -- highly recommended (and I'm only a small bit biased ^0^ ).

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Some more Cape plants that I need ID help with, all seen at Cape Point in early January 2015.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:19 pm

arks wrote:Some more Cape plants that I need ID help with, all seen at Cape Point in early January 2015.

]

Check Helichrysum patulum -O- , arks