Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:27 pm
It is a great site and i enjoy it very much. There are however a few identification mistakes on the Odonate section that i would like to point out.
1) Photographs 3,4 and 5 (mating pair) are Masai Sprites and not Acacia Sprites
2)The female Kersten's Sprite is a young male Slate sprite. (photograph 7)
3) Photograph 8 is a Swarthy Sprite male and not a Cherry-eye
4) Photograph 9 (Light brown individual) is a Acacia Sprite female
5) Photograph 10 shows reddish postocular spots and is a Masai Sprite female.
6) Photograph 11 is again a female Acacia Sprite
7) The last 2 photographs of the Green Hooktail is in fact a Corkscrew Hooktail.
Im my website Dragonflies-id.co.za the differences and key id features are described.
Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:21 pm
Welcome John and thanks for your input.
Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:12 pm
We now need pictures for Marsh Bluetail, Kersten's Sprite and Green Hooktail. Do you have any photos you could post here?
Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:55 pm
Welcome and thanks, John!
The ones that made those wrong identifications will be rounded up and dispatched with.
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:48 pm
Are we going to behead someone ?
Welcome on board, John
Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:30 pm
Much appreciated - thanks