Re: Question Born Out of Frustration

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:27 pm

\O

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Can understand your frustration ExFmem . Spiders are such interesting creatures , but relatively few books around that one can refer to . :-(

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:47 pm

ExFmem wrote: For example, I have a number of Jumping Spiders from Kruger which I can't identify by ANY books, on-line identification guides, etc etc ad nauseum. The only entry for them in AW's spider book is at the Family level, so do I add all mine as Salticidae species? Is that really helpful?
keep your spiders, jumping or not, for you 0'

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Didn't we get a new species recognised from here? \O

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:00 am

I am also struggling with Spider ID's. The popular field guides at our disposal (Filmer's and GoggoGuide) aren't intended to facilitate much genus or species identification except for the most common ones that happen to have their photographs featured. If you place your spider in its correct family you're doing well in my book.

I'm living in hope that a new spider guide by AD-S will relieve some of my misery: http://www.lapa.co.za/product-view/942/field_guide_to_the_spiders_of_south_africa/manufacturer_id/35

Good price at Loot: http://www.loot.co.za/product/ansie-dippenaar-schoeman-field-guide-to-the-spiders-of/pwhz-2848-g530?referrer=iosa

My copy is on its way.

Comments on "Invertebrates" topics

Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:02 pm

ExFmem, Happy New Year! \O You really have some extraordinary pics of those insects, that most people do not see nor are they interested. My compliments to your great photos and not only, you also make Toko happy \O When Toko is happy, we are all happy =O:

Re: Comments on "Invertebrates" topics

Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:12 pm

:yes: :yes: :yes:

And you are working hard to get names for these most delicate animals you do capture so beautifully.

Image ExFmem 0/0 Happy New Year O0

Re: Comments on "Invertebrates" topics

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Alright you two - how much you need to borrow?? :-0

:o0ps: :o0ps: That's very sweet and thoughtful, best wishes and warm thoughts right back at 'cha. O0 O0

Re: Insect or Invertebrates Identification - DONE

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:50 pm

super photos you put in "Sawflies, Wasps, Bees & Ants (Hymenoptera) " ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
and very interesting thread \O

Re: Insect or Invertebrates Identification - DONE

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:52 pm

X#X , nan