Re: Snake Identification

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Ja, stf! Get out of the house NOW! :shock:

Re: Snake Identification

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Unbelievers ^0^

http://academic.sun.ac.za/capeherp/cede ... herald.htm

Re: Snake Identification

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 am

H.e, what alarm signals do cobras give?

Re: Snake Identification

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Flutts, we must realize that animals as much scared of us
as we are of them. If at all rinkhals can be classed the same
species as cobra, many wish to believe not so, like yourself
you will tend to shriek, Shhreeeek,..... :-0

Animals tend to be the same,.My experience with rinkhals,
they tend to make a break for it at first and if not possible
will tend to be obtrusive, rustling and puffy noises.

Further then it will rear and make self very noticeable at first
the spitting and when convenient a strike. All animals will snort
or grunt when threatened. Must remember that when animals hunt
it would be a different story as to when they would protect themselves.

I doubt that a cobra would like to eat you Flutts, too much pasta!!
hence all the hissing and calamity when rearing!!
X#X X#X

Re: Snake Identification

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:58 am

This is not a snake to mess around with :X:

I grew up in Rivonia and when I was youngster - about 12/13 years old -- friends and I tried to catch a rinkhals , but things went sort of wrong , and the snake raised up his head , and spat his venom straight in my eyes :shock:

Re: Snake Identification

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 am

You are still here to tell the story, but what happened exactly to you or rather your eyes? O-/

Re: Snake Identification

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:27 am

Than
H. erectus wrote:I doubt that a cobra would like to eat you Flutts, too much pasta!!!!
X#X X#X

Thanks for the reassurance H.e. lol \O

Re: Snake Identification

Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Lisbeth wrote:You are still here to tell the story, but what happened exactly to you or rather your eyes? O-/



I closed my eyes , then ran as fast as I could , keeping my eyes tightly shut until I fell into the river where I washed myself off completely ;-)
I got a few scratches and bruises from running " blindly " through the shrubs and bushes , and then plunging into a rock-pool . but hey , it worked \O

Re: Snake Identification

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:13 pm

:O^

Re: Snake Identification

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:16 pm

okie wrote:I closed my eyes , then ran as fast as I could , keeping my eyes tightly shut until I fell into the river where I washed myself off completely ;-)
I got a few scratches and bruises from running " blindly " through the shrubs and bushes , and then plunging into a rock-pool . but hey , it worked



MMhhhmmmhh, quite amazing the power of such
small scaly back,..Had you kept your cool, it probably
would have done the same as you did!! O**