sex of african civet

Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:49 pm

HELLO everyone,

my name is Solomon and a farmer. i have two African civet on my farm and i wish to be sure they are breeding pairs. this is a male and a female. i have been reading around but not getting
any information to clearly help identify the male and female. they are not so calm so i cant physically examine them. can anyone please assist me with distinct difference (especially in terms of behavior) between male and female African civet? thanks :-)

Re: sex of african civet

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Welcome, sborkey! maybe if you can get a picture? -O-

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 pm

AFRICAN CIVET FACTS

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:56 am

sborkey wrote:HELLO everyone,

my name is Solomon and a farmer. i have two African civet on my farm and i wish to be sure they are breeding pairs. this is a male and a female. i have been reading around but not getting
any information to clearly help identify the male and female. they are not so calm so i cant physically examine them. can anyone please assist me with distinct difference (especially in terms of behavior) between male and female African civet? thanks :-)

Welcome to the wild forum sborkey where you can ask any question , and of course receive any answer ;-)

Just watch those civets closely ( do not handle them , they may not like it :X: ) , and remember , especially at mating time , the one on top is definitely the male \O

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:35 am

Testicles? =O:

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:29 pm

The question was about behaviour , RP , not about nobbly bits sticking out O/

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:09 pm

RP never looses an opportunity :O^

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:12 pm

"The females are slightly larger"... as if that would help when you only see one of them or if they are actually rather the same size which apparently is more common 0*\

You will have to ask them 0*\ (Sorry, being a bit desperate here for the lack of more scientific answers...)

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:17 pm

I am sure that Google is full of information, but you can look that up yourself, sborkey O**

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:45 am

Richprins wrote:Testicles? =O:

To determine who's ticklish???