Re: Wild Dog

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:37 pm

was a Wild Dog :-? :shock:

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Asked every scientist on earth...nobody is sure! X#X

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Last night on 50/50 a very shocking program on wild dog in Kruger. Now I know that this specie is extremely endangered but was not aware of their drastic decline in numbers from 400 strong to a mere 130 recently counted.

The EWT has embarked on a 5 year project, and encourage the public to please send any wilddog pics taken in Kruger to them asap, where the pic was taken and approx date & year.

An interesting or rather shocking fact that they've mentioned was the dogs drastic decline in the drier parts of the north was due to the fact that alot of boreholes was sunk. This on the other hand attracted more herbivores like zebra & wildbees to that parts and the lions soon followed. Lions one of the dogs biggest enemies.
Interference of humans O/ O/ O/

Pics can be send to grantb@ewt.org.za

Come on greenville, lets all make a contribution and help them in their research

\O \O \O

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Haven't seen any in many years! :-(

But others have been more fortunate! :twisted:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 pm

I also watched the programme and realised the situation.

What was also amazing was the database this guy has set up of the wilddog pics he has. He can identify them by their different stripes.

I haven't seen any in the park yet.. :-(

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 pm

We met a guy in the park 2 weeks ago who is monitoring wild dogs in Kruger. He had tracking equipment and told us they were about 30m into the bush but we couldn't see them. He was a really nice guy...wonder if it is the same one. Met Ossendryver at the same sighting and his dad took a pic of the vehicle...will ask him to post it here. ;-)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Flutterby, yip!
That's theee Grant!

He is so awesome! I always love tracking dogs with him.

Here is the photo of Grant (@KNPWildDogs) In action:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 am

Yip, that's the guy from 50/50. He made a great impression with his interview... very informative. \O

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 am

I think I met him at the KNP sightings stand a few months ago here in the Coca Cola Dome. \O \O