Phalaborwa Information Please

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:41 am

Hello all you Greeenies out there.

First post in a longgggggg time, busy working and getting the wherewithal together for our next trip

We fly into OR Tambo on Saturday morning 15/4/17 arriving at 0530 ish. We are then dong the drive from Jo'burg to Phalabowra

I read on another forum that there was a degree of civil unrest last week in one or two of the areas around Phalabowra.

Any " Greenies " able to update us on the situation please.

Many thanks

Mike

Re: Phalabowra Information Please

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Mike 0/*

Unfortunately I cannot help you, but sooner or later someone will turn up with some answers \O

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:06 pm

0/* Mike, I came the Polokwane, Tzaneen route on Thursday and there weren't any problems.

Think the problems are down South for Phabeni gate.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:21 pm

There were problems here last week. Cars getting thrown with stones and trucks set alight.

It is calm now but we don't know what will happen in the next few days. It changes by the hour, all about timing.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi Mike,

The problems have been off and on.
The one moment there is nothing happening and 20 minutes later they are throwing stones at cars etc.
It is the luck of the draw at the moment..

If you have Facebook on your phone like a page called: Phalaborwa CPF.
There you will get the latest news.
Mind you.
A lot of it is written in Afrikaans though

Re: Phalaborwa Information Please

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:31 pm

I reckon you must maybe PM Mike your cell numbers, Penga and Sprocks? -O-

Nice to hear from you, Mike...weren't you at our Skukuza meet a few years ago? :-?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:33 am

Yes, he was. :yes:

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:23 am

Yeap, that was me, and I still remember the meeting very fondly as one of the best nights I have spent in both KNP and SA

Hopefully, circumstance will favor us in the future with another chance to meet you all

Mike

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice, Mike! Let us know how the trip goes/went? X#X [O]

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:33 pm

HI all. Long time no post. 0/* 0/* Unfortunately we have not been to Kruger for so long :-( now but we are hoping to be able to do a week in March 2018 O/\ - Pensioner discount time. \O

What is the condition of the road like between Tzaneen and Phalaborwa please?