Re: Sabi Sand early AM safari from Protea Hotel Kruger Gate

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Don't you think that a first time visitor has a better chance to see lion or leopard on a guided drive than doing the self drive in Kruger, Mel?

If this is what people want, they can get it in a private reserve where the guides know where to look, I think?

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Sure I think people stand a higher chance to see the big cats on a guided drive. \O
Thought that became clear with what I said about the group you're going on a drive with. 0:

Getting into private game reserves is a matter of your bank account as well, I think.
But a drive like Dave-Canada mentions might be more affordable. -O- (Still quite expensive, I think!)

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:50 pm

Toko wrote:Don't you think that a first time visitor has a better chance to see lion or leopard on a guided drive than doing the self drive in Kruger, Mel?

If this is what people want, they can get it in a private reserve where the guides know where to look, I think?
I saw 5 different Leopards... in 2 days :shock: and it was my FIRST Leopard ever O/\ 3 m. above me, in a tree... with a kill ;-)
with these guides, we can learn a lot... before going self drive in Kruger or anywhere... like distance with Ellies, don't move with a BIG cat nearby, how to search animals and birds... only if... if we are interested in... for people only suffer the game = nothing to learn.

I think a lot of people should have a lesson before driving alone the first time... with Elephants, or other dangerous animals, not those expensive ones... but some sort of, for 1-2-3 hours to learn a bit.

I didn't want to put the same pictures....

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Put them on, Nan! I am sure that they are better than mine \O

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Looking good there, Lis! \O Didn't know you smoked? --00--

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:43 pm

^0^